Website Design Tip:
There are two types of backgrounds - a plain color or a tiled picture. When using a tiled picture, make sure it does not impair the legibility of the text, and that it does not look messy.
Newbies Guide to Ecommerce
How to start your very own e-Commerce business without paying a fortune
- First of all you should take care about branding and register
the right domain name for your e-commerce website. You can not be serious
if you don't have your own www.MyBrand.com or any other appropriate TLD (Top Level Domain).
Check out our comparison
table of TLD Registrars and
choose the right domain name and registrar company.
- The next thing to do is to find the right web-hosting company with professional customer
support, variety of features, security and up-time guarantee. There are
too many of them to choose from, but we can
recommend our partners at
Web hosting is necessary to host your domain name, files of your
website and provide uninterruptible reliable service for back-end
transactions between your ecommerce website and real-time payment
- To accept credit card payments online you need to establish your
own Internet merchant account with a real-time payment processor
(provider). Here is the comparison table of companies who provide
Sometimes it is much easier and even more profitable to use third party solutions
such as PayPal, WorldPay etc. without establishing a merchant account.
Here is the comparison table
the third party payment processors (providers).
In both cases you should do some math and decide which solution is
more appropriate for your e-commerce business or even use several of
them together as we do (PayPal and InternetSecure).
- The most important part of ecommerce website is back-end web
application that includes: shopping cart, database-driven catalog of
your products and Control Panel for managing/updating of products,
customers' orders, automatic real-time transactions, security issues,
etc. Building such a thing from scratch is a very expensive job and can cost you thousands of dollars and might take a lot of time to accomplish. There
are some companies that offer a build-in ecommerce web service with
above mentioned features, for instance Microsoft bCentral or
Monster Commerce. But major problems with all of them are:
We offer totally reliable, inexpensive and absolutely
independent solutions: E-commerce Site
Kit without any kind of monthly fees. Take control of your ecommerce business back in your
- It gets really expensive in a long-time perspective (monthly fee).
- You cannot control your own business if somebody owns the crucial
part of it.
- You cannot improve, upgrade, implement new features or move your
e-commerce website to other web hosting company.
- If their website is attacked by hackers (for instance DoS attack) your website
will be down too and you have nothing to do to avoid it. You can lose
all of your data in a moment.
- You are bound to them forever!
- Choose any payment processor you like.
- Choose any web hosting company you like.
- Choose any web design/layout/skin for your web-store or design your own.
- Maintain and update your web-store without any web
- If you need to add some
extra or custom features - please do not hesitate to contact
us - we are ready to do it for a reasonably small price.
- Enjoy true freedom and flexibility of
- Make your ecommerce website easy to navigate, easy to understand -
take care of your customers. Visual design of your website shouldn't
distract your visitors from your products. Remember: poor usability
and too dummy or too sophisticated web design can kill your
- Check out some real-life web-stores of our customers:
www.sheversky.com - Online Fine Art Gallery.
www.biesseexchange.com - pre-owned CNC Machine equipment sale and exchange.
XMicro - Online store selling XMicro innovative technologies: electronics, computer electronics, wireless and software.
- E-commerce Glossary